There are a number of tools that you need as a new natural. Here are a few that I think are most important as we go into the new year and women decide to go natural.
1. Comb Set – To include a rat tailed comb and a wide tooth comb.
2. Spray Bottle to keep water in.
3. A real satin bonnet (or silk). The satin/silk helps your hair retain moisture.
4. Satin pillowcase (as a secondary method of retaining moisture).
5. Bobby pins
6. Elastic or ouch less hair bands.
7. Hair Clips
8. Your Hands
These are the best and most basic of tools that you can have or will need for your journey.